GringoPost is a group of volunteers with the common desire of offering FREE classified ads and information to the Expat community.
GringoPost is happy to provide a forum for product and service providers relevant to the expatriate experience…! We must maintain the right balance of community and content with useful resources that expats really need to manage their relocations and their new lives abroad. If it’s not relevant to international relocation or living abroad, it doesn’t go in our posts.
Our site was founded by volunteers upon the belief that “Expats are their own greatest resource.” Our community of expats in Ecuador has grown from hundreds to thousands. We are grateful for each expat who reaches out to help another expat or someone preparing to make the move. Whether you are selling useful items, recommending a local school, offering advice about apartment hunting or supporting someone facing culture shock, we sincerely thank you for your posts.
We pledge to offer a simple, straightforward, uncluttered format for sharing information about:
• Fоr Sale – Apparel, computer, electronics, jewelry, event tickets, furniture.
• Employment – Admin, customer service, education, design, advertising, legal.
• Real Estate – Apartments, homes, condos аnd lots fоr sale, fоr rent, fоr lease
• Services – Auto repair, creative, computer, event planning, legal, lessons, movers, Realtors, office solutions, small business
• Community – Activities, artists, childcare, lost аnd found, musicians
• Blogs – Business, computer, personal, social.
• Users of this website should be aware that all correspondence with GringoPost other than posting of ads is between the parties and shall remain strictly private.
Unsubscribe – Removal from Database
Unsubscribing is perfectly easy by clicking here.
Information posted on GringoPost is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in the United States. GringoPost will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers. We collect and store the following personal information:
• Email address.
• Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from GringoPost and ad data (all through cookies – you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site).
• Other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
We use users’ personal information to:
• Provide our services.
• Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
• Encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates others’ rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety (for example, if you submit false contact details or impersonate another person, we may pass your personal information to any aggrieved third party, their agent or to any law enforcement agency).
Using Information from GringoPost
You may use personal information gathered from GringoPost only to follow up with another user about a specific posting, not to send spam or collect personal information from someone who hasn’t agreed to that.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can simply email us at any time. (See Unsubscribe above.)
We use many tools to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing’s perfect, so we make no guarantees.
We may update this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. If we are involved in a merger or acquisition, we may share personal information with another company, and this other company shall be entitled to share your personal information with other companies but at all times otherwise respecting your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Welcome to http://www.GringoPost.com (“GringoPost”). By accessing GringoPost you are agreeing to the following terms, which are designed to make sure that GringoPost works for everyone.
GringoPost and the GringoPost community work together to keep the site working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us by sending us an email detailing the issue. Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off GringoPost if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off GringoPost or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring GringoPost or for unauthorized or unlawful content on GringoPost or use of GringoPost by users.
Fees and Services
Using GringoPost is generally free, but we sometimes charge a fee for certain commercial services. If the service you use incurs a fee, you’ll be able to review and accept terms that will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in US dollars, and we may change them from time to time. We’ll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms.
GringoPost contains content from us, you, and other users. GringoPost is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via GringoPost is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute or modify content from GringoPost without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in GringoPost. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of GringoPost (other than your own content). When you give us content, you are granting us and representing that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties, This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of very varied products are offered on GringoPost by private individuals. Entitled parties, in particular the owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights owned by third parties can report any offers which many infringe on their rights, and submit a request for this offer to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by GringoPost.
As a condition of your use of GringoPost you agree that you will not:
• Violate any laws.
• Violate the Posting Rules.
• Post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material.
• Be false or misleading.
• Infringe any third-party right.
• Distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
• Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm GringoPost or the interests or property of GringoPost users.
• Impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of GringoPost.
• Copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent.
• Use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access GringoPost and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission.
• Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
• Bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to GringoPost.
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to GringoPost and any consequences that may result from your post. We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse or delete content that we believe is inappropriate or breeching the above terms. We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict a user’s usage of the site either temporarily or permanently, or refuse a user’s registration.
General posting rules
• Given the rules that we have around the use of our site we advise that users should be over 18 to advertise on our website. We recommend that users should be over 18 to also reply to ads.
• Please post through GringoPost.com. Posts will automatically be directed to the editor’s inbox to be approved, edited and then published.
• A name and contact email address is required with each post for verification, subscriber enquiries and follow up purposes.
• All information submitted with a post may be included in the post and, once published, will be considered public information.
• Items for sale must be posted with the asking price.
• We reserve the right to remove any ads that we feel are not relevant or of any value to the GringoPost community with or without notice.
• In the interests of everyone else, people who regularly break our posting rules may find their future use of the site restricted.
• All posts are to be in English
Although the deadline is somewhat flexible, the usual cutoff time is 4 PM, Sunday through Friday, for the following morning’s post. Any post received after that time will be included in the next available issue. Our Email newsletter is sent around 5 AM.
We do not publish on Sundays.
Website links and email addresses
Please do not put your website in the title of your ad, nor in the description field. If you wish to include your website address in your ad, you must first install the GringoPost banner on your website. This will enable readers to visit your website from GringoPost and return easily to GringoPost.com. Click here to get our HTML banner code.
Your contact email address is allowed only in the signature (bottom) line of your ad. Email addresses are published to provide contact information and are not to be used for general solicitation purposes
Photos are not included in the daily Post email blast. However, ads are allowed in several sections (for example – real estate, items for sale. etc.) on GringoPost.com. If you wish to provide photos, please include your email address and state that the user may email you to ask for photos.
– Maximum 6 pictures.
– Size: 1000 KB max for each photo.
– Format: PNG, JPG, GIF, JPEG, TIF.
No ads for items on the ‘not allowed’ list
There are some items we don’t accept ads for on GringoPost. See the ‘items not allowed’ list below.
No offensive/ adult language
GringoPost is a community site and we like to keep things friendly. Content reported to us as offensive or of an ‘adult’ nature will not be allowed.
No discrimination terms
GringoPost is a community site and we like to keep things friendly. We do not allow you to use discrimination terms, either offensively or generally. For example you cannot ask for female only housemates. You are however permitted to state that the current housemates are all female.
▪ Comments that add value to the discussion are welcome.
▪ We attempt to block comments that use offensive language or appear to be spam, and our editors frequently review the comments to ensure they are appropriate.
▪ If you see a comment that you believe is inappropriate to the discussion, you can bring it to our attention; simply, flag the comment from the upper right corner of the comment, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Please include in your email a copy of the comment in question, because the comments are written and submitted by visitors to the GringoPost website, they in no way represent the opinion of GringoPost.
▪ No solicitations, spamming or advertisements are allowed. Readers may post links to other informational websites that are relevant to the topic at hand, but please do not link to objectionable material.
▪ We may remove messages that are unrelated to the topic, encourage illegal activity, offensive, use all capital letters or are unreadable.
▪ Messages that are flagged by readers as objectionable will be reviewed and may or may not be removed.
▪ Please do not flag a post simply because you disagree with it.
Click here to read more
Items not allowed on GringoPost
The items mentioned on this page aren’t allowed on GringoPost for the following reasons:
• Prohibited by law.
• Safety reasons.
• Feedback from people who use GringoPost.
Let’s keep it family-friendly, so that means no pornography, adult videos/DVDs or adult sex toys are allowed on GringoPost. We also do not accept ads offering prostitution/escort or dating services..
Counterfeit, replica and trademarked items
Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on GringoPost. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. Remember that it is illegal to sell unauthorized copies of media.
General guideline: If the product you’re selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn’t made or endorsed by that company, don’t post it on GringoPost.
Drugs and drug paraphernalia
As well as drugs banned under legislation, we also don’t allow items which can be used to consume drugs.
E-Tickets, Domain names and online accounts
We facilitate trading for physical goods and services. We classify e-tickets, domain names and online accounts as digital products which are not transferable to the new owner via a classifieds channel.
Firearms and ammunition
Safety concerns as well as national and international laws mean that no guns or ammunition can be sold on GringoPost. We also don’t allow airguns or replica guns and silencers, even those legally available.
No fireworks allowed, even those available locally.
Multi-level marketing, pyramid, matrix and trading schemes Many people have told us they don’t find ads relating to these schemes useful or relevant to them. That’s why we’ve decided to block such ads on GringoPost.
Prescription drugs and materials
Prescription drugs aren’t allowed on GringoPost. This includes over the counter items.
The sale of stolen property on our site is strictly prohibited.
Tobacco and tobacco products
Tobacco is controlled by law. That means the sale of cigarettes, cigars or loose tobacco is not allowed on GringoPost..
Weapons & knives
Safety concerns as well as national laws mean that no weapons or knives can be sold on GringoPost. This includes chef and kitchen knives as well as historical ornamental items e.g. samurai swords or WW1 bayonets. Cutlery sets are allowed.
We also reserve the right to remove any ad that we feel isn’t fitting to the GringoPost site.
How to remove an ad
There are 3 easy ways to remove an ad once it has posted on GringoPost:
1: Find your ad on GringoPost.com.
2: Click on the Subject / Headline of your post.
3: Click on Delete / Report button found at the footer of your post
Your ad will automatically be deleted/updated when your Email address is verified
2. When your ad was submitted, you were sent an email confirmation.
Please find the confirmation in your old mail.Open the email and follow the instructions to remove that ad. (simply reply to that email with the word “remove”)
3. Send an email to email@example.com which includes a link to the ad, or copy and paste the ad into the email.
Explain briefly the reason you wish to have the email removed: sold, rented, incorrect information, etc.
Please always send the removal request from the email address originally used to submit the ad.
Whois GringoPost.com, WhoIs Gringo Post.com, Who is Gringo Post, Who is GringoPost.com, Who is Gringo Post.com,