My Octopus Teacher
a documentary by Pippa Ehrlich and James Reed.
(In English with subtitles in Spanish).
Nominated for the Oscars 2021.
Tuesday, April 6, 4:30 PM.
Doors open at 4 PM.
Reservations with dinner required.
Tel. 099 806 8071.
Info: A couple of reasons to watch “My Octopus Teacher”:
1. This underwater documentary took 10 years to make.
2. It opens on the premise of someone who’s lost his sense of purpose and is struggling to find fulfillment in his former hobbies and existing roles and relationships.
3. The subject decides to revisit the past time of free diving in the cold-water kelp forests of South Africa. This environment is simply otherworldly with its colors and marine life.
4. In addition to changing colors, octopuses have the incredible ability to display horns, which I now inexplicably covet.
5. The subject visits his octopus every day for almost the entirety of her life.
6. The common octopus has a lifespan of only about one to two years.
7. Learn what a pijama shark is and why it’s called that.
April 6th, from 4:30 to 6:30 PM, Free, Mariscal Lamar y Luis Pauta, Cuenca.
Andres: 099 806 8071. Call after: 8 AM