Exuding the feel of open-air living, situated in the heart of Mompiche’s most beautiful neighborhood, and less than 50 steps from the ocean, this property is everyone’s tropical escape fantasy, made-real. Custom-built, multi-level bamboo home in the iconic ‘paradise lost’ fishing/surf village of Mompiche, on Ecuador’s northwest coast where jungle meets sea. Mompiche is the next frontier of Ecuador’s burgeoning surf/ecotourism destinations – the time is now.
Except for hardwood floors, this 4 BR / 2 bath home is constructed entirely of locally-sourced eco-alternative materials: giant bamboo, palm trunks, and thatch. Enclosed living space across the three floors totals 1,518 square feet (141 m2), with roughly half of the 2,056 square foot (191 m2) property’s yard dedicated to lush tropical vegetation.
Built by renowned bamboo craftsman, Dairon Cobo in 2009, this home has been consistently well-maintained, including a refinishing of floors and exteriors, roof thatch replacement, regular pest prevention, and recent installation of a new perimeter fence and hardwood doors throughout.
Options for this property are many: straightforward conversion to a charming beach hotel, your permanent dream home next to South America’s longest-breaking left wave, or the most coveted digital nomad co-op/escape in Latin America… buyer’s choice.
Motivated seller. Price reduced to $129,000. Wild west opportunity!
Key highlights include:
• 2nd and 3rd floor views of the Pacific Ocean and surrounding jungle
• high-speed fiber optic internet (currently 25mbps, soon to be 40mbps)
• strategic location for businesses
• suspended interior bamboo bridge with bird’s eye view of kitchen
• kitchen with tiled island and ample shelving, plus 2-door chrome refrigerator
• oversized A-frame windows in both 3rd floor bedrooms
• balconies on all 3 floors
• bio-digester septic system
• gravity-based water distribution system (well water)
• spacious dual shower in master bathroom, now with hot water
• covered car port with ground-level security system
• spacious patio with tropical plants; room to build/expand in back
• legally registered deed and all property taxes up to date
For more information, please contact email@example.com or +52 322 373 4049 (WhatsApp). Expat-savvy realtor available to assist, should potential buyers desire.
*Please note that the all-inclusive “DeCameron Mompiche” resort is not located in the village despite its name; they are a 10-minute drive away in the village of Portete.
Address: Calle Fosforera S/N, frente al ‘Hotel Bam-Bu’, Mompiche/Esmeraldas.
Furnished, negotiable, Pets are allowed.
Please mention GringoPost when inquiring about this property. Property ID: RE-1670267733
I am the owner, Amy Rogers: firstname.lastname@example.org 523 22 373 4049