The Registro Civil in Cuenca, did an update to facilitate the cédula process for foreigners.
So, now, instead of going very early in the morning, to do a line, after you receive your cedula order at the Migration Office in Azogues, you have to follow the steps detailed in the picture attached, in order to receive an appt, to know which date and day you can process your new or renewal of the cedula.
Cédula for first time:
– send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– include the issue date of the Cedula Order
– Do a PDF with the cedula order and attach it to the email
– Agency where you want to go to do the Cédula (only Quito, Guayaquil or Cuenca — I checked if Loja is included, and, no, Loja is not included in this new process)
– Phone number
– email to contact you.
Renewal of the cédula
– Do the appt on the registro civil web page
Any questions, to my email email@example.com
Ulises Acosta: firstname.lastname@example.org .