Power of Attorney (Registro Civil)

I’m a US born citizen and earlier in the year received my dual citizenship in Ecuador. However, I need them to correct my name on my Ecuadorian birth certificate and the consulate told me that it can only be changed from the Registro Civil in Ecuador. Since I am in and live in the US, I can only do this via a power of attorney with someone in Ecuador. I can ask a family member to be my POA but I was told that there is a specific template for a letter that my family member can use to make the change on my behalf.

Would anyone know of or have the letter/template I can use in Spanish to enable my family member to act on my behalf on Ecuador at the Registro Civil?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,


City: Cuenca
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on print
Repost - Renew