Hey everyone, For those in need of a good laugh make sure to check out the latest instalment of Loco Living as I hit the streets of Cuenca and meet some really interesting people.
Each video I publish attempts to spotlight people/businesses around the city. Please email me (email@example.com) if you have any ideas.
Hello, We are Jose María Vacacela Gualán and María Gabriela Albuja Izurieta. We are a pedagogue couple working in a community education project called Yachay Kawsay (meaning life of wisdom in Kichwa language) in Lagunas community, in Saraguro at South of Ecuador.
In March 2021, a devastating torrential rainstorm caused major damage to the local community and project site resulting in the collapse of the local mountain range, destroying an important community education center, alternative education research and innovation hub, and childcare space. Three huge stones fell from the mountain destroying our center where children went daily to learn. We lost their learning and developing area.
Since we have been joined by beautiful souls, such a great people, we decided to have our ceramic classes every month. It is a joy for me to let you know that because of our students we have achieved to get or own kiln, so now every student will have the chances to see how ceramics are fired. Also we will have a new room for glazing. I hope you can join us to work in ceramics, the classes are focused in ceramics but with all the techniques you can build whatever you want. If you want to do a pot you can do it with our help, every utilitarian creation you want to do we can help you also with it.
June classes will begin the 8th and there will be a late entry the 15th of April for the undecided folks.
Ceramic Sculpture Classes
Artist Dogmos (a.k.a Juan José Cobos)
We are excited to start the month of June. We have a full monthly schedule ready for you and cannot be happier to bring back our intimate music concerts. Don’t forget that we serve breakfast from 9 AM to 1 PM, Monday through Friday. To celebrate CuencaSalmon’s new store we will have a 50% off on our smoked salmon omelet. Don’t miss out.
This month we will be dedicating a whole week to a Latin American countries. We start with Venezuela.
Tuesday 6:30 PM – Pelo Malo (Bad Hair).
Junior is a 9-year-old with “bad hair”. He wants to have it straightened for his yearbook picture, like a fashionable pop singer. This puts him at odds with his mother Marta. The more Junior tries to look sharp and make his mother love him, the more she rejects him, until he is cornered, face to face with a unexpected decision. A film that shows the harsh reality of Venezuelans through the eyes of a small child. An incredible window to understand and reflect on other’s realities.
Looking for a furnished suite outside the centro. For one mature person, non-smokier, no pets and for long term rental.
Sam: firstname.lastname@example.org 096 841 1177. Call after: 8 AM.
Vidal Sassoon Jingles Haircutter and educator
098 638 7094 WhatsApp only
Barbecue palace Indian restaurant; famous food of India bringing you varieties of new dishes. World famous delicious and flavorful food. Try it now and call us for free home delivery on order above $30.
Location- 4-114 Av Pacurbamba (Cuenca)
Home delivery- 099 579 0392, 07 602 0072
4-114 av Paucarbamba antes de Clinica Paucarbamba
● Personalized help at the push of a button device
● From our 24-hour dispatch center
● For medical, fire, personal emergencies
● Anywhere in Cuenca
● In English or Spanish (2-way speech enabled device)
● VIP Team + 911 ready to respond
● All for a reasonable monthly fee
Phone: 098 329 8243
Benigno Malo 12-41 y Gaspar Sangurima
VIP Home Healthcare of Cuenca
098 329 8243
Greetings fellow users,
I announce that I am having a special discount on cleanings for the month of June. I will leave your teeth feeling the freshest.
Call or email to reserve an appointment for June.
June 1st to June 30th, $20, Edificio Paseo del Puente, 12 de Abril y José Peralta office 103, Cuenca.
Dr Juan Luis Ordonez Aguirre: email@example.com 099 871 1578.
Hi, Sunday Brunch Cuenca family.
New product alert.
Homemade Southern Biscuit Mix, 2 lbs. for $10
You can make biscuits yourself whenever you need. Just add milk.
You can also use as a topping for casseroles, cobblers, and more.
Keep in the freezer and just take out what you need.
We now also have ravioli.
Our 3-cheese ravioli comes frozen in a pack of 32 for $10. The pasta is homemade. Take out however many you need, boil, and then toss in your own sauce of choice. We recommend 8 per person. So delicious! You can’t beat homemade pasta. We’ve been eating them ourselves with slices of our sourdough.
New this week:
* Squid stuffed with shrimp accompanied with potatoes and vegetables, 1 portion $6.
* Sea rice casserole with shrimps, squid, peppers and green beans, 3-4 portions $10.
Appetizers or finger food to keep frozen and reheat:
– Pizza rolls, Quantity: 25. Price $10. Veggie or with ham or pepperoni.
– Finger mozzarella (fried or baked) Quantity: 20. Price $6.
– Mini Venezuelan empanadas (made with corn flour) (veggie, beef or cheese) Quantity: 20. Price $8.
– Beef, chicken or Veggie balls. Quantity: 25. Price: $10.
– Mini potatoes cake with cheese, beef or veggie. Quantity: 20. Price: $6.
– Mini wanton filled with veggies, beef or chicken. Quantity: 25. Price: $10.
– Mini pastries filled with fruits, chicken, beef Or veggies. Quantity: 20. Price: $10.
As a community service to help you safely try out new products during the covid-19 health emergency, DEFY (Dave’s Earth-Friendly Yearnings) is offering a foursome of freebies during May. And this is the last day of May
1. A free piece of dessert from DEFY: Reese’s Treats, Canadian Nanaimo Bar, American Nanaimo Bar, Carrot Cake, or Brownie.
2. A free cup of Cream’O’Gurt Yogurt (250 billion live cultures; 13 different bacterial strains/liter): Mango, Guanabana, Plain, Peach, Maracuyá, Coconut, Strawberry, Pineapple, Blueberry, or Mora.
3. Free delivery to your doorstep.
Hi friends in Cuenca
This is the menu:
pork • $5
chicken • $5
shrimp and pork • $7
vegetable • $5
veggie stir-fry • $5
zhajiangmian • $5
eggs with tomatoes • $5