Ceramic Sculpture Workshop + Closure Exhibit.
Workshop with Dogmos (a.k.a Juan José Cobos)
Learn how to design or sketch an artifact or work of art, learn the basic building techniques for ceramic sculpting, to create whatever artifact or work of art that you plan on doing. Learn how to paint them with soil slips in raw ceramic and exhibit your pieces at a closure exhibition.
• Learn how to design your mask character witch its personality and physical characteristics.
• Learn how to build a mask with a paper mold.
• Learn how to build a mask with pinching technique.
• Learn how to build an abstract plant pot with worms technique.
• Learn how to make a small animal pipe or flute sculpture with empanada or pinching technique.
• Learn how to make a face incense burner with worms technique.
• Learn basic knowledge of face anatomy.
• Learn how to make an animal or plant sculpture with worms technique.
• Learn and practice how to paint with slip.
Works of Art to create:
1. Animal mask.
2. Ecuadorian Culture (popular or pre-columbian) mask.
3. Small animal sculpture, pipe or ocarina.
4. Abstract plant pot.
5. Face incense holder.
6. Animal, abstract, plant, or human sculpture.
You will get 6 final works of art made by you showing the development of your creation. Then we will exhibit them on a gallery to display your works of art.
What does the price of the course cover?
• Materials: Clay, slips and glazes.
• Basic tools (the tools are part of the workshop goods).
• Apron (for you)
• Place to work with all health measures. Clean and cozy workshops with plants and good music, with a little funny dog.
• Firing in a private kiln.
• Teaching from experimented sculptor.
All the classes are between Wednesday and Friday at Taller La Montaña en el Mar. The workshop has two main spaces to work in. One indoors which has space for two persons to work and one outdoor garage with roof for the other two persons.
There will be space just for 12 persons, 4 persons each schedule.
Group 1: 8 to 10 AM
Group 2: 11 AM to 1 PM
Group 3: 6 to 8 PM
The course is done in 12 days each month, 3 days a week with 2 hour session per day. Every class has a price of $13 for the instruction, for materials and firing in kiln. So, it would be $156 per month, and the final price for the three months will be $468.
If you sign up with your best friend or partner by the 15th of February you will get a 10% discount and it will cost $420 for each person.
The course will begin on Wednesday 24th of February. In order to separate your space on your favorite schedule you have to pay the whole amount of the course as soon as you can as a deposit to the artist account. You will get the Valentine’s Day discount until Monday 15th of February, then you can pay until Monday 22 of February without the discount. This is the closing date to enroll in this marvelous course, in order to have the course we should reach to amount of persons needed for it, 8 persons, so if you can help me by sharing this post, it would be wonderful.
The course will begin on the 24th of February until its closing class in 14th of May. At the end there will be an exhibit which its estimated date will be Thursday 27th of May, in a gallery of the city (place to be defined).
Disclaimer: the success of your artwork depends on your patience and commitment to make your piece of art. I would guide you into a proper work to achieve the great success when firing your pieces.
Artist: Juan José Cobos
Phone: +593 99 866 1486
February 24th, from 8 to 10 AM Group 2: 11 AM to 1 PM Group 3: 6 to 8 PM, $468. Isabela 2-39A, Cuenca.
Juan Jose: firstname.lastname@example.org 099 866 1486. Call after: 9 AM.